Advantages and disadvantages of traveling by your own.
Taking a gap year to travel the world or volunteer abroad can seem daunting, especially if you’re doing it on your own for the first time.
Travelling alone takes you even farther out of your comfort zone. If you travel with a friend, you get to take a little piece of home with you. A friend is someone with whom to share your fears – and your meals. There are disadvantages to travelling solo, but there is a surplus of advantages that outweigh them.
When you decide to go somewhere on vacations the first question you are faced with is how to organize your trip. At least, you need tickets and accommodation. However, if you are going abroad, the situation becomes more complicated. You will need visa, foreign passport and a little bit of information about a country you are coming to.
The citizens, living and traveling inside European Union borders are in better position. They are free to visit any EU country without any additional document and visas.
But let’s imagine you have chosen a country where you need visa. Well, now itís time to make some preparations for your trip. At first, whether you trust organizing your trip to a travel agency, or organize it by your own.
1) Convenience. You donít have to besiege embassy and wait in long queues. You donít need to worry about buying tickets and booking hotels.
2) Price. Sometimes travel agencies have special agreements with hotels and the price becomes cheaper. The same thing can be said about avia and train tickets.
3) Comfort in the country of destination ñ you are mostly provided with transfer to hotel and the representative of the agency can solve any of your problems.
4) Your vacation is organized. You have a choice of excursions; youíll be shown the best shops and the most interesting attractions.
1) Unfortunately, not all the agencies can be relied on, some of them disappear with the client’s money.
2) Some people donít like to be limited – by excursions, by return tickets or by the necessity of staying in the hotel they’ve chosen.
3) It’s not always cheap ñ often the excursions, offered by the agency representatives are more expensive than in other places in the city.
1) You are free to choose there and when to go. You are free to change you hotel of your return ticket.
2) You are most likely to see the places, not shown to usual tourists.
3) It’s a kind of challenge. Canít imagine your holyday without risk and adrenaline? So, this variant is for you!
4) You can seek and find a cheaper variant and not just accept what the agency offers.
1) Once again risk. You are not quite safe when traveling alone in the foreign country. Nowadays you are not quite safe anywhere, but still
2) It causes some problems in the stage of organization getting a visa can be a trouble. Interview, invitation and a lot of documents all this can be inevitable.
Just because you set off alone doesn’t mean you’ll stay that way. You’ll meet plenty of people along the way. Bear in mind that the more challenging something is, the more you’ll grow and learn from it. And remember, there’s a difference between being alone and being lonely.
If you have any further questions please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our free toll number 1 800 301 5420